Leadership & Etiquette Dynamics is joining The Protocol School of Washongton this week in celebrating National Business Etiquette Week, June 3-9, 2012. According to the etiquette experts at the Protocol School of Washington, the top 10 business etiquette mistakes are:
- Using swear words.
- Neglecting to greet co-workers when you arrive at work.
- Shouting to others across the room.
- Declining to offer guests a beverage.
- Taking calls on speakerphone when others are within hearing range.
- Wearing unprofessional attire.
- Offering a weak handshake.
- Failing to make eye contact.
- Displaying poor dining skills.
- Answering cellphones or texts during conversations, meetings and meals.
Source: The Protocol School of Washington trains business etiquetteconsultants, protocol officiers, diplomats and international executives. To learn more, please visit www.psow.edu.